This is an adorable craft to make at home or in a classroom setting. Kids will love learning about birds and how they build their nests while making this fun craft. Use different colored plastic eggs to learn about bluebirds, cardinals (redbirds), robins, etc.
What you'll need:
How to make your birds in their nest craft:
- Paper plate
- Brown, blue, and orange construction paper
- 2 plastic eggs (We used blue, but you can choose any color)
- Brown craft paint
- Sponge brush
- Paint your paper plate brown and set aside to dry.
- Cut the brown construction paper into long, thin strips.
- Cut 2 very small triangles out of the orange construction paper to use as beaks.
- Cut 4 medium sized triangles out of the blue construction paper to use as the wings.
- Use the bottom part of the plastic egg and glue the beak to the top, then glue the wings to both sides of the egg. Repeat with the second egg.
- Glue the plastic eggs to the middle of the brown paper plate.
- Spread out and glue the brown strips all around the birds to finish the nest.