This kite craft is a simple paper diamond that your child can decorate however they would like. Use any decoration you have around the house - from markers and glitter to craft foam and beads - then add a ribbon tail and some cute paper bows to complete your craft. This kite craft is a fantastic spring craft for kids and makes a wonderful homemade decoration to welcome in the warmer weather.
What you'll need:
How to make your Kite Craft:
- Construction paper
- Kite Template
- Scotch tape
- Ribbon or yarn
- Crayons or markers
- Decorations: craft foam, beads, sequins, etc.
- Print our template and cut it out. Trace the kite onto construction paper and cut it out. Use any color you would like. Trace the bows onto construction paper and cut them out as well.
- Have your child color and decorate the kite to make it their own.
- When the kite is finished being decorated, tape a short section of string to the back of the kite.
- Tape the bows onto the string using small pieces of tape.
- Hang on a window or door.