We were looking for a fun new way to make a rainbow craft with our daughter and this cereal rainbow craft was a huge hit. All you need are Fruit Loops and glue (and our included template) and your kids can make their own rainbow. This fruit loop rainbow craft is a fantastic way for your children to practice their fine motor skills as well as sorting items by color. This is a great spring craft or St. Patrick's Day craft for kids!
What you'll need:
How to make your Tissue Paper Rainbow:
- Fruit Loop Cereal
- Rainbow Template
- White glue
- Construction paper (lightweight cardboard would work well here)
- Print our rainbow template and trace it onto construction paper or cardboard.
- Pour some cereal onto a paper plate - we found it was easier for our daughter to see and sort the colors if we used a plate instead of a bowl.
- Put a line of glue around the outside edge of the rainbow. Have your child place red fruit loops on the line.
- When they are done with the red line, put down another line of glue just to the inside of the red row and have them put down orange fruit loops.
- Repeat this process for the remaining colors (in order: yellow, green, blue, purple.