Prevent glasses from getting broken or lost with the I Can See Clearly Now Foam Eyeglasses Case. The easy instructions and simple materials ensure that this craft is perfect for children of all ages. These glasses cases are so easy and fun to make that children may want to make several- one for school, one for their bedside table, and one for the car!
What you'll need:
How to make your eyeglasses case craft:
- 1 piece of colored foam (7 inches x 8 inches)
- 2 clothespins
- Small foam shapes
- Ribbon, sequins, etc. (optional)
- Using scissors, cut the piece of colored foam so that it is seven inches by eight inches. (see photos).
- Fold the foam in half, line up the edges, and cut any parts that do not line up. Using scissors, round the edges. Glue along one long side and one short side. Use two clothespins (one on each side) to clamp the foam shut until the glue has dried. Wipe excess glue away and allow glue to dry completely. (see photos)
- Use the small foam shapes, markers, ribbons, sequins, and any other decorations to decorate the outside of your glasses case. Don't forget to write your name on the case so that if it gets lost, it will be returned to you! (see photos)
- Your glasses case is now ready to stow in your school desk or backpack!