Looking for the perfect way to make children excited to enter your classroom? Hang the Handy Classroom Wreath on your door and children will feel welcomed and accepted. Kids will enjoy tracing their hands to form their own unique handprint. Once complete, youngsters will search for and point out their hands to anyone who enters the door!
What you'll need:
How to make your handprint classroom wreath craft:
- 2 large bowls (one at least 10 inches and one at least 8 inches in diameter)
- Cardboard Circle (12 inches in diameter and 2 inches thick)
- Colored cardstock
- Decorations for the hands (buttons, stickers, gems, pom-poms, etc.)
- Trace the larger bowl on the cardboard. Trace the smaller bowl in the center of the larger bowl. Cut out the larger circle and the center formed from the smaller circle. (see photos)
- Take a piece of cardstock and turn it so that the pattern is facing down. Using a pencil, trace your hand or have someone trace it for you. Cut out the handprint along the pencil lines. (see photos).
- Turn your handprint over and decorate it with ribbons, buttons, stickers, or anything else desired. Allow the glue to dry. (see photos)
- Once all of the handprints have been created, arrange them on the cardboard circle so that they are overlapping and pointing in different directions. Glue the handprints to the cardboard and press down so that they are secure. Allow the glue to dry. (see photos)
- Cut a piece of ribbon six inches long, fold in half and glue both ends to the top center of the back of the wreath. This is where you will hang the wreath from. (see photos)
- Be prepared for the complements you will receive on your creative, colorful, and welcoming door!