This whimsical ocean flower pot makes a great summer decoration. Kids
will love working with the different materials and textures that go into making
this unique craft. Let them use their imaginations to decorate the pot
however they would like!
What you'll need:
How to make your Ocean Flower Pot Craft:
- Small clay pot
- Light blue, light brown, green, red and purple paint
- White glue
- Hot glue gun
- Paint brushes
- Dyed pasta shells
- Paint the top half of the flower pot light blue. Paint the
bottom half of the flower pot light brown.
- Mix some white glue into the brown paint and heavily apply the
mixture over the brown area of the pot. Sprinkle on some sand
while the mixture is still wet.
- Once the sand is dry, use the red paint to paint a crab walking
along the sand. Paint seaweed growing out of the sand and a fish
or two swimming by. Use your imagination!
- Use the hot glue gun and attach the dyed pasta shells around the rim
of the flower pot. Please do not let your children do this step
unless they are old enough to respect the glue gun and are well
- Plant your favorite flower!