Kids will have fun making this paper plate sun craft during the summer season. If you are looking for a fun and simple summer craft for kids, then this is a good one. Kids get to paint the paper plate and then cut out the rays of sunshine and sunglasses (follow our template) from different colored construction paper. Then put it all together for one happy sun! We made this craft more toddler friendly by gluing the sun's rays on before painting which means toddlers don't have to wait for the paint to dry to finish the craft.
What you'll need:
How to make your paper plate sun:
- Large paper plate (the cheap plates work well here)
- Orange, yellow and black construction paper
- Yellow and black paint
- Foam paint brush
- Glue stick
- printable sun template
- Print our template and cut out the pieces. Trace the sunglasses onto black construction paper and cut them out. Trace the triangle pieces onto yellow and orange construction paper and cut them out. You will need 11-12 triangle pieces to create your sun.
- Turn the paper plate over and glue the triangle pieces onto the edge of the plate.
- Turn the paper plate right side up and paint the plate yellow.
- Glue the sunglasses onto the paper plate and paint a smile on the sun with black paint.